- If you have region names but not latitude and longitude data in your table, you can still easily produce a circle-annotated map using the Geocoder algorithm, which will find the coordinate data for each region name and add it to the table.
- There is no perfect map projection -- the choice depends on your application. We recommend:
- Albers equal-area conic if preserving area is important.
- Lambert conformal conic if preserving angles (or shapes) is important.
- Mercator if presenting a familiar and fairly standardized projection is important.
- The color-region Geomap is not suitable if your data that contain small countries. For example, Singapore is too small a geographic region to be visible on the map when the region is colored. We recommend the user select the circle Geomap if data on smaller geographic regions is important to analysis.
- The color-region Geomap requires that each country be identified using its name from the list Country names recognized by Geo Maps.
- The color-region Geomap requires that each U.S. state be identified using its name from the list U.S. state names recognized by Geo Maps.