- If you have region names but not latitude and longitude data in your table, you can still easily produce a circle-annotated map using the Geocoder algorithm, which will find the coordinate data for each region name and add it to the table.
- There is no perfect map projection -- the choice depends on your application. We recommend:
- Albers equal-area conic if preserving area is important.
- Lambert conformal conic if preserving angles (or shapes) is important.
- Mercator if presenting a familiar and fairly standardized projection is important.
Russell Duhon's Python script paved the way for the GeoMaps algorithm.