- Load the CSV file by choosing load from menu bar.
- Choose Analysis > Topical > burst Detection from the Sci2's menu bar.
- A window will popup and a 7 input parameters are listed.
- Usually you will only need to change Date Column, Date Format, Text Column, and Text Separator when using Burst Detection. If you want to have a abstract view of the entire data, set the bursting states to 1. If you interested to the hierarchical burst structure of each word, set the bursting states bigger than 1. Change the parameters based on your need. Please see 'Desciption' section for detail of each parameter.
- Press ok once you done adjusting parameters. A new result in csv file will be generated at the right panel. Save it and you can view the result with Excel.
- Please refer to description for result fields information.
- Please use the Horizontal Line Graph to visualize the results of bursting states equals to 1. The visualization supports of the hierarchical result is still under development.
Notes: The default parameters are typically good choices, but more sophisticated models can be fitted by tweaking them in various ways. You might not want to include the records with empty Text Column into the input file if you don't want to count them into the burst result. This could be happens while you have a set of records from year 1970 - 2011. But there are no text information between 1970 - 1980. Since it is lack of information rather than no burst, you might want to remove records in year 1970 - 1980 to have a better focus period.